Re: [Healeys] Carb cleaning

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb cleaning
From: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:18:00 -0500
Hi Bob, congrats on your 'score' !!!

<<regarding cleaning up aluminium without scratching or deforming? >>

Not sure if they still do, but "Gunk" used to offer - found in
all big boxes - a gallon can of Carb Cleaner.

Were I you, I would get one, separate the carbs AFTER taking
a pic or 2 -6, and dump one in the can and walk away for a few
days or so.  A small [I think they are about 2" x 1/2" brush 'head']
nylon bristle brush and 'scrub off' <G> !!  Then do same for the other.
The linkage would most likely go in the can with 1 or the other carb.
You might have to take the dome[s] and plunger off
the body and soak separately - you will have to be the judge about
how much of each carb can go in the 'pail'.

Many, many moons ago I used to have 4 or 5 of those 'pails'
around to soak all kinds of stuff.  Even come with nice little
strainer/basket <G> !!

Ed
'67 BJ-7
[Hortense THE Healey wearing STD IL plates    AH BJ 7    ]
Please visit MY site at:      www.justbrits.com
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html