Re: [Healeys] OD problem

To: "'Dr. C. Rubino'" <ruvino@ripnet.com>, "'healeylist'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OD problem
From: "Peter Schauss" <rpschauss@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:28:29 -0400
I had a similar problem a couple of years ago.  I replaced the o-rings on
the accumulator and the problem went away.  I don't know if there is any
connection, but overdrive problem occurred about six months after I started
using Redline MTL.  When I refilled the gearbox, I used straight 30 weight
non-detergent oil because I thought that I might have to open the box again
to replace the rings in the accumulator.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB