Re: [Healeys] Carbs overflowing on 60 BN7 - SOLVED!

To: <healey100s@live.com>, <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carbs overflowing on 60 BN7 - SOLVED!
From: scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:20:30 -0500
Hey kids,
I finally got some time to mess with the Healey while I watched the Titans
lose in the background. A local friend Bill Davis came over with his 62 to try
and swap parts to diagnose my problem. I now had no spark yet the car ran and
then stopped. After much fiddling we discovered that the lead wire from the
cap to the coil was bad with an intermittent short. These were new wires! I
put the old wire back on the cap and WHAM-O she fired right up. Running like a
top again. Just returned from a long awaited country cruise.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA