[Healeys] Fw: AW: Questin to Trim (Concours)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: AW: Questin to Trim (Concours)
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:09:36 -0400
 Josef,

 The detail and quality of the original car (earlier is more labour
intensive
 therefore more so) was actually quite high. Unfortunately over the years
 this level of original quality has been lost with after market poor quality
 and fit of kits and amateurs (the owners) installing them.

 A truly accurate and faithful to original materials and methods interior is
 a very good product that will (at lest here in North America) always demand
 higher selling prices, and actually usually be recognized even by the
 amateur observer as being the one to vote for in a popular choice event,
and
 will be regarded as far above "average". When judged by our National
 Concours Registry criteria, the original type materials and methods,
 colours, etc. will of course score the highest due to their accuracy and
 their condition.

 The custom over restored materials and features that seem to attract the
 points in a European criteria judging just isn't the case here in North
 America. Therefore, I really cannot comment on what the best choice is for
 someone as yourself living in Germany and being amongst a completely
 different judging criteria.

 Rich