[Healeys] Tires

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Tires
From: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:58:12 -0700
Listers,

I am shopping for tires for my BJ8.  I have 72 spoke Dayton wire
wheels, 5"      rims on the car.  I am considering purchasing a set of
Bridgestone Potenza, model RE960as Pole Position tires.  This tire has
a  "directional" tread.  I have heard some negative comments regarding
directional tires on our cars, eg., these tires tend to track groves
worn in the road bed from studded tires or other heavy uses.  This can
be serious enough to be aggravating. I am seeking input on the
experience of other listers.  Thanks for any input.

Marks 3
'66 BJ8
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html