Re: [Healeys] 3000 MkIII Stop Light Switch

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 MkIII Stop Light Switch
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:58:12 -0400
Tim, I got tired of replacing those brake pressure switches every couple of
years.  Rather than try to find a switch from another car that would work, I
decided just to replace the switch with an adjustable mechanical switch and
have had no problems since.  I don't know if this is the reason the pressure
switches fail, but the website of the place that had the mechanical switch
said that the problem is that the switch contacts get dirty or oxidized over
time, due to a lack of "wiping action" between them.  The mechanical switch
remedies that.
The switch I used is adjustable so that you can set it for the lights to
come on immediately, or with more pedal pressure.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA