Re: [Healeys] The AEC960 Healey 3000 Cylinder Head spark plug seat

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] The AEC960 Healey 3000 Cylinder Head spark plug seat
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 20:30:57 +1100
Hi Kees,
No the plug can't be hit by a flat top piston in a westlake design
cylinder head unless the electrode is below the head face. Ie the head
face is shaved very excessively.
A round flat top piston doesn't  generally go into the heart shaped
westlake combustion chamber unless some else has broken!!
We machined around 100 thou off the spark plug seats 12 years ago on
my BJ8
chris

Sent from my iPhone

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html