Re: [Healeys] Bonnet Louver follow-up and a (3rd) question

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bonnet Louver follow-up and a (3rd) question
From: Rick Swain <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 20:48:56 +0000
I can't remember a single example of a 6-cyl competition Big Healey that was
outfitted with such a panel.
The only louvers I have seen in photographs of competition six cylinder
Healeys are the two rear facing vents seen on a number of works rally cars
from the late 50s, early 60s such as - page 77 (PMO 202) and 81 (SJB 471) in
Chris Harvey's Healey - The Handsome Brute, as well as page 89 (PMO 203) in
Graham Robson's The Big Healeys. Derek Job also shows a number of cars with
these vents (louvers) on his site www.healeysix.net.
But I'd still like to see what DHMC was offering in the way of louvered
bonnets to his customers.
Rick Swain'59 BN4
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html