Re: [Healeys] Just want to vent!

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Just want to vent!
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:34:08 +0000
For myself, I'm usually watching where I'm going, instead of the sidewalks
...( I told my wife that they were probably looking at her. )

And, like I alluded to earlier, I buy, work on, and drive my cars for "me" to
enjoy.  They're not supposed to be an attention getter and I really don't care
one way or the other what other people think about them.  If there was a
"stealth" option, that allowed me to get lost in the sensuous act of driving
and not have to wake up to interact with people, I would choose that.
I've had my 100 for just over a year, and am still awe-stuck about having it.
 As such, I haven't parked it in many places, and therefore haven't had many
conversations with people about it.  And, I wasn't upset when the WWII veteran
coming out of the movie theater escorted by his granddaughter ( I presume )
where I was waiting to pick up my daughter, mentioned that he once owned an MG
exactly like it.  I think he was somewhere in the "long goodbye" stage of
life, and his granddaughter approached me first to ask if it would be okay for
him to talk to me about my car.  I wonder about why she felt that she had to
ask permission.
In that same spot, having been notified that the movie went late, I had exited
the car and was leaning against a railing near the car.  A guy came over and
started critiquing the car; letting me know all the things that were wrong
with it and everything that he knew about these cars.  I corrected him when he
made mistakes.  ( "It's a little know fact ... " :) Cliff Claven )  Towards
the end, he said something to effect of "and he should never have chosen that
orange piping on the seats.  What was he thinking?"  I told him that that was
what it was like when I bought it; I agreed that it clashed; and told him the
story behind it.  He replied: "It's your car?"  I laughed and told him that it
mostly belonged to my bank.  He exited.
Come to think of it though, I drove my 100 in to work this summer when my 'ru
was in the shop and I did get involved in conversations with 2 different women
before I could do up the tonneau.
The Sprite and Midget have garnered much more attention from all ages and
genders, but they've also been used more as daily drivers over many more
years.
Hey!  She doesn't have to read your email, she can search the archives.
It's best to stay happy, that way you don't end up with half a Healey.  ;)

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html