Re: [Healeys] Radiator filler neck

To: Pieter and Linda <pieters@pt.lu>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radiator filler neck
From: Peter Schauss <rpschauss@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:55:10 -0400
If the coolant overflows after you stop the engine on a hot day, that
is normal behavior
for our cars.  When the water pump stops circulating the coolant through the
radiator the water in the block gets hot and the pressure in the system gets
high enough to overcome your radiator cap.  The simple solution is not
to overfill
radiator.  Just keep the coolant level about an inch above the coils.
I find on my
car, that if do not add coolant to compensate for the overflow, it
evenually reaches a level
where it does not overflow.

HTH,
Peter Schauss