[Healeys] Healey Brakes

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Brakes
From: "W.D. Nelson" <nelson_wd@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:13:30 -0500
I am new to this site and am restoring a twin carb BN-7 left hand drive.  I am
converting it to a tri-carb and am not new to Healeys as I have previously
owned two tri-carb BN-7s, one of which I drove 6,000 miles through Mexico in
1963.  I have also restored two Jaguar E-types and a MB 190SL.  That being
said, I am not a very accomplished mechanic and need a lot of help.
Healey Brakes:  1.  There is a 45 degree bracket with two holes on each side
of the axle.  Does the brake line run through one of those holes to attach to
the wheel cylinder?  What is the purpose of that bracket?
2.  I believe the brake line runs up the right frame member and then crosses
over to the master cylinder and to the reservoir.  Where do the run the cross
over?
3.  Do you really use the hokey wire clips to attach the line to the frame
member?  If so (I have a new frame from Jule Enterprises that has no holes)
where and how any and what size hoes are to be drilled for the clips.  Thanks
for any suggestions you may have.  bill n - Houston
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html