Re: [Healeys] Where does the bolt go?

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Where does the bolt go?
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:14:47 -0700
Simple.
It has fallen into secret hiding place #42.
The location of which is unknown, and moves from time to time.
something I learned working as a tech.  Your ears are often your best
assistant in finding lost nuts and bolts. If you drop a bolt or nut, don't
turn your head and try to watch it, stay still and listen where it goes.
Your hearing is stereo and is quite accurate in locating the source of a
sound.  I got the point where I could have a bolt fly off an air tool in use
over my head and my hearing could follow it to a circle about 6" in diameter
(assuming of course I got the air tool turned off in time)
This method will not work if you are deaf in one ear, or have your iPod
cranked.
Rick
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html