[Healeys] Best SUV Tow Vehicle

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Best SUV Tow Vehicle
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:54:28 -0800
The tow-vehicle thread came along as I was starting to think about this
subject.

I'd like to get a used tow vehicle in order to rent dual axle open trailers to
take the Healey to West Coast meets and on vacation. I don't have room to own a
trailer.

Am curious what the approximate weight of Healey and trailer would be and if
there are any suggestions for an SUV-type vehicle. Am not really interested in
a pickup because my thinking is an SUV is going to be cheaper used than a
pickup. The vehicle would need to have enough power to tow over mountain passes
in the western US. Am not interested in any other form of trailer-towing.

--
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA