[Healeys] FW: support our hobby

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: support our hobby
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 07:28:08 -0600
Subject: RE: [Healeys] support our hobby

I must say that I was getting close to jaded on car shows and such, until I
attended the inaugural Santa Fe Concorso last month.
 Rather than come one come all, it was by invitation and the selectees were
compensated for accepting the invitation. So, since I'm unlikely to travel
to Pebble beach or Amelia Island I will blast up I25 in the trusty Porsche
for the day. There was a rather steep entrance fee, but to see Bugattis,
Delaheyes, OSCA's, Masers, D,XKss, SS100 Jags, vintage Panhards to Caddys,
race cars to vintage motorcycles, Sterling Moss, Peter Egan and participants
of the Healey Challenge too... it was worth the price of admission.
 The day before the show, participants did a drive through the NM mountains
near the show, Moss too, and I went out in my healey and mixed it up with
some of the coolest machinery in the world. A blast!
 Next year the organizers are considering adding a few historically
significant bicycles as a means of completing the full circle of mechanical
ground transportation. (It was held at a plush equestrian center).
 Can't wait for next year (sept. I suppose)
dp

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Here's thinking a bit out of the box, but I think technology has
something to do with this.  Before we went to the shows to see the
cars, hear them, look at that rare Tucker, California Spyder or Isetta
... Or in our case the rare Tiger, Cobra 289 or Berkeley.

But now with the internet you can see and hear any and all these
things on You Tube, so going is less entertaining?

Also I notice back home that everyone is just too busy watching TV or
playing on the computer, so maybe that's part of it too.  For me, when
I get home, I can't wait to fix something on one of my cars.  I guess
I'm just a masochist.
Of course,  running these events takes fresh blood, but usually the
old guys are too reluctant to let go.

Alan
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html