[Healeys] tricarb vacuum pick off

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] tricarb vacuum pick off
From: Steven Kemple <skemple@tidewater.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:56:58 -0400
I am a fresh subscriber to the list although I have been around Healeys and
have  viewed the archives for quite some time.  The current car is a '62
tricarb that I have had just a few months.  While changing out the exhaust
system, I found that I had a cracked exhaust manifold.  So out everything came
to replace the manifold.  The carbs, I was told, had been overhauled but they
have been nothing but trouble.  Since I never want to do this job again with
the engine in the car, I gulped and got a set of new carbs from Moss.  That is
the next thing to go in the engine bay.  The vacuum advance connection on the
original carb set is on the rear carb.  On the new set it is on the center
carb.  Other than a short vacuum advance line, does this present any other
problems?  What is a good source for the line if that is all I need to do?
Looks like I need about another 6 inches.

Steve Kemple
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html