Re: [Healeys] illuminated toggle/push pull switches -??? ideas?

To: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] illuminated toggle/push pull switches -??? ideas?
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:05:00 +0800
Rick -

If you have a wire inside the wiring harness, it's safer to run a
power-switch circuit just in case it shorts with another wire in the
harness.

If you are running new wires outside the harness, it's safer to run a
ground-switch circuit because if it shorts out, it will likely short out
against the chassis, not another wire.  If that happens, all that will
happen is the auxiliary item will switch on.

If you run a hot wire throughout the car and it shorts against the chassis,
you'll get a nice fire/smoke to cook your trout on.

Alan