Re: [Healeys] BN2 Throttles

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 Throttles
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:02:56 +0800
Bob -

Ok, here goes:

1) Does not close even when linkage is disconnected
2) only closes if some pressure is put on the shaft

This to me tells me your throttle plates are not correctly centered on the
throttle shaft, and thus is interfering with the free movement of the
throttle shaft itself.

You have to take the carbs off then make sure the throttle plates are nice
and flush with the throttle body before tightening the screws down.  You
have to back off the idle speed screw and loosen the plates, then adjust
until it's nice and flush.  Once centered, hold the carb up to the light to
make sure you have no gaps around the throttle plate to the throttle body.

It's actually a quick fix, but you have to take the carbs off and re -
balance afterwards.

Best Regards,

Alan