Re: [Healeys] Customs Duty Invoice

To: cnaarndt@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Customs Duty Invoice
From: dwflagg@juno.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 21:09:39 -0400
Actually I have had this problem when shipping items to Rich in Canada.
If you send via the usps there is no problem (usually) as a customs form
is filled out and attached to the package. If you ship via UPS, a third
party charges for taking the package through customs.  I once purchased
an NOS bonnet from England which was sent via post and I picked it up at
the post office. It wasn't packaged and just had the postage attached.
Didn't have a scratch and no customs fees!! TNT is not a government
agency, but just a third party company. Probably happened because AH
Spares shipped it other than by post.

Doug

> Hi All,
>
> I recently received a $1,500 order from AH Spares.  However this
> time I
> received a second invoice from a Company named TNT Express charging
> me
> $40.88 for US Customs related charges.
>
> This is the first time I've been billed for customs on overseas
> orders.
> Does anyone have any experience with this?  Did the dollar amount
> trigger
> this charge?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Curt