Re: [Healeys] Customs Duty Invoice

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Customs Duty Invoice
From: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 03:19:48 +0000
years ago when i sent my laygear to AH Spares, i failed to demand that they
send it back by mail.  it was shipped via an air carrier and ended up in san
diego(i lived in vancouver, washington at the time) and i was forced to ransom
my part by paying the extra shipping from san diego.  i was able to talk them
out of the 40 something dollars of customs duty by declaring upon pain of
imprisonment that it was my gear and not a new one.  it took about 40 dollars
worth of phone calls to straighten out that mess and i swore never to do that
again.  however, i recently ordered some whitworth wrenches from england
without any problems, so maybe i will try it again sometime.  hjim
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html