[Healeys] FW: Events we need something new

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] FW: Events we need something new
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 04:08:22 EDT
The Bluegrass Club has hosted Springthing for  almost 20 years now. We get
about 65 registrations. When we started we did the  traditional car
show/rally/autocross format for the weekend but then that got  stale and people
were
losing interest. The cars bring the people together but it  is the people,
not the cars, that make an event a  success.

So then we evolved into a Tour format. This  years event was held in
Central Kentucky. People come in on Thursday ( we had 11  states represented
this
year) and we have a hospitality room. Friday we offered  a tour of a
cooperage and historic Makers Mark Distillery with a  dinner at the distillery.
Friday night was hospitality at the hotel and a  funkhana that was only for fun
and as a party game. People set up chairs in the  parking lot and the beer
and Maker's flowed.

Saturday we check out of the Hotel and  moved about sixty miles east to
Berea Kentucky, a town known for the art college  and the quality craft shops.
Along the way you had your choice of touring a  Civil War Battlefield, a
restored Shaker Village and other options. You get up  when you want to, leave
and choose your itinerary. Saturday night we offered  several dinner options
then regroup at the hotel for awards, auction and  hospitality.

We have awards for Funkhana. Our car  show is not defined. Registrants get
a car magnet with a number upon arrival.  Ballots must be turned in by 5 PM
Saturday. Most people will vote on Friday  night when the cars are at the
hotel. We give first time attendees  a welcome gift like a hat and award
special awards like long distance, hard  luck and a few fun ones.

What we strive for is to make it a  vacation weekend with the Healey
people. We try to keep the price low and offer  relaxation and entertainment,
the
car stuff takes care of  itself.

Next year will be in Bowling Green  Kentucky and include a banquet and tour
of the Corvette Museum, shopping for the  ladies and beer for the guys.

Jim  Werner
Louisville, Kentucky
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html