Re: [Healeys] Dealing with the Highway Patrol

To: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dealing with the Highway Patrol
From: Olin Brimberry <healey@hunterbane.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:16:17 -0500
Steve,

Sorry to hear of your citation.  As you may have heard, NC is in
desperate need of revenue.  There was an interesting article in the
paper today that talked about the impact of fewer new cars on the road
and people keeping their old cars maintained to get every last mile
out of them.  For the county of Raleigh (Wake) this results in a
shortfall of $9 million.   I am sure our friendly NC Troopers are
being pressured to increase the tickets.  They clocked my wife 2 weeks
ago doing 72 in a 55, just 1/4 mile from the transition from 65 speed
limit.

Olin