[Healeys] Seat Rail Studs Redux, Part II

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Seat Rail Studs Redux, Part II
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:23:37 -0800 (PST)
Once the JB Weld had cured, I reassembled the rail.  I found putting the
 ball
bearings in the rear first, followed by the fronts worked best.
You will
need to tee up the ball bearing between the channel and slide
and strike it
with a drift and hammer in order to get them all to seat,
then reinstall the
roll pins.  After that, it was merely a case of
reinstalling the seat rails,
the JB Weld having no problem holding the
bolts while I tightened the T-nuts.
  If you are going for the concours look, you could use "elevator bolts" ,
which have the flat circular head of the original.  I couldn't find these in
the correct size locally and since I don't have a snowball's chance of
concours gold level, I went with the bolts.

Rick
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html