[Healeys] Overdrive sun gear end play

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive sun gear end play
From: Thomas Morrione <tjmorrio@colby.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:11:38 -0500
Listers,

I9d appreciate recommendations regarding acceptable endplay specs for my 64
BJ8 OD. During reassembly I found that the sun gear has 45 thousandths end
play. The factory manual recommends 8 to 14 thousandths. Elsewhere (Nelson
Riedel9s rebuild guide) has noted that 14 to 20 thousandths is acceptable.
How critical is endplay in this case?

I can9t find shims to make up the difference to meet the manual specs, so
should I make up a new bronze thrust washer to do this?

Thanks in advance and thanks for past help.
Tom

64 BJ8 in progress.
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html