Re: [Healeys] Spam, So Ok, now what?

To: John Sims <ahbn6@verizon.net>, 'Chris Dimmock'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Spam, So Ok, now what?
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:16:02 -0500
As I said, I did get this one----I just wanted to point out that this is one
of a VERY few spams I have received since going to Windstream.

Cheers
Tom

---- John Sims <ahbn6@verizon.net> wrote:

=============
I doubt if any spam filter would keep you from getting this type of email.
Since the email address was hijacked from a trusted member of this list, you
would have had to block the sender before his email address was, in fact,
hijacked and who among us would have known before hand that someone was
going to hijack his email address. Kind of like buying boat insurance
thinking that some time in the future you are going to buy a boat.

And, having a Mac might prevent hijacking your own email address but would
not prevent you from receiving an email from a hijacked source.

Back to Healeys.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ
http://www.healey6.com