Re: [Healeys] 100/6 engines with prefix 26C

To: "'Austin Healey'" <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100/6 engines with prefix 26C
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 10:11:52 +1100
G'day Gergo

The Wolseley 25HP is a pre WW2 car. The C-series engine was designed and
built by Morris Engines (for BMC) as their mainstay engine during the early
1950s. It was fitted to the majority of the BMC marques including Austin,
Morris, Wolseley, Riley, Van Den Plas and Austin-Healey.

Depending on what marque an engine was destined for, dictated what prefix it
received. The engine in my car was taken from the engine production line
during a run of engines for Wolseleys, taken to the DHMC for their
experimental work and fitted to my car.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia