Re: [Healeys] BN6

To: dirk.e.maier@t-online.de, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN6
From: CAWS52803@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 07:44:42 EST
Hallo Dirk!
Thank you for the 100/Six inquiry.  I do the Registry for both the BN4 &
BN6.  I have the records for all the US and have received files from England,
Germany, Netherlands, etc.
I do not have your car in my files.  The closest is BN6 1570 in New
Hampshire and then BN6 1603 in Texas.  With this information from you, I will
add
you and the car into the Registry.  Information is kept confidential.

An explanation of the VIN is: A is for the smaller size engines and all
Sprites start with an A.  B is for the big Healeys.  The next letter N is
describing it as a Roadster.  They used a J for Convertibles, however something
got screwed up along the way and there were cars with BT.  The 4 indicates it
was the Fourth design in production.  The L is for Left hand drive as were
90% of the cars manufactured.  The remaining number is a serial number and
doesn't have much logic.  There built MGA's along with the BN4's so I'm sure
number were interchanged.
A good site for information on the cars is:

_http://www.healeysix.net/_ (http://www.healeysix.net/)    (A French
Owner's Site)

Here is another good site for information on the 100/Six.

_http://www.healey6.com/_ (http://www.healey6.com/)   (A US site)

You can order a certificate with the details on your exact car.  Go to
Website:

_http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/_
(http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/)

Here are some details on the Registry:

                                          BN4                 BN6
  Unregistered                        Total

US/Canada                           644                 379
  130                               1,153
Australia                                 98                  20
         66                                  184
Netherlands                              54                   29
          -                                     83
Germany                                 23                  17
        6                                    46
Sweden                                  14                    3
          -                                     17
United Kingdom                         4                    -
        -                                       4
France                                      3                    -
             -                                       3
Total                                     840                 448
        202                                1,490
Total Production                11,294              4,150
                                    15,444

If you have any more questions, please contact me or this Healey List and
I'm sure someone one of us will come up with your answer.

Rudy Streng
Lenoir, NC
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html