[Healeys] Oil in the water cooling system

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Oil in the water cooling system
From: "Dirk Maier" <dirk.e.maier@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 18:08:30 +0100
Hey listers,

I have a few problems with the cylinder head of my 3000 engine.

In summer I rebuild the head by renewing the valves / guides and the surface
was grinded.

But it turned out after a few kilometers around 600-700, that oil was in the
cooling water and then I tightened the cylinder head after about 1000km.
But that didnt have any effect, the amount of oil in the water was actually
increasing.
So I removed the head again and I gave it to an engine shop to put the
cooling ports under pressure, but it did stand the pressure. I thought is
probably due to the sealing or assembly.
I brought a new set of seals and reassembled them, but there was still oil
in the water. I torque down the head with 3 / 6 / 8 / 10.5 Nm here in
several stages.

Do you have any suggestions what I could do to solve this problem? Thank you
in advance.

Regards

Dirk

Siegburg, Germany

Anhvren

Umschrift

Wvrterbuch - Detaillierten Wvrterbucheintrag anzeigen
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html