Re: [Healeys] Carb. Fiber Washer Question - Jag - not healey

To: Jonas Payne <JPayne@ThorCon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb. Fiber Washer Question - Jag - not healey
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:25:17 -0800
The problem is 99.9% of all the sealants out there dissolve in gasoline. I
would replace the fiber washers or (you're not gonna believe this) coat them
by rubbing with a bar of soap. Gasoline does not dissolve soap. A sliver of
soap jammed in a bashed gas tank is an old off roader's trick to get home.
Anyway in your case the soap will/should fill between the fibers to prevent
seepage.
Good luck.
Rick

Sent from my iPhone