Re: [Healeys] Listers in AZ

To: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Listers in AZ
From: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:56:42 -0700
What Rick says about the Phoenix Metropolitan area is true. July and
August can be oppressive if you're not used to it. In the past 10
years the growth of the city has only made it worse. Our air quality
is lower, the nightime temperatures don't drop, and the overall
humidity has increased. So please, don't move here. :)

But, Phoenix is not the state of Arizona. Our overall geography is
such that we have everything from super hot deserts, to 12,000 foot
mountains with snow year round. Were I able to move here without
having to worry about a job I'd seriously look at
Prescott/Payson/Wikenburg/Flagstaff in the north and Tucson/Casa
Grande/Sierra Vista/Bisbee/Tombstone/etc in the south.

My wife and I are actually planning to move the family down to Sierra
Vista in a couple years. It's rural but not too rural, an hour to
Tucson if we need a city or a proper airport, and with it's elevation
doesn't get much above 90 in the summer or below 50 in the winter.

And I'll admit that the Tucson British Car crowd is generally more
active than Phoenix not to mention a fun bunch to hang out with. I
often drive down from where I am (Tempe) to hang out with them.

If you do have to move to Phoenix be smart and move to the fringes of
the city. The further away from the tons of concrete and asphalt you
are the cooler it is.

But remember, you don't have to shovel sunshine. :)

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
1953 Studebaker Champion