Re: [Healeys] ebay

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] ebay
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 08:42:07 -0500
This car was offered for sale on eBay in May 2010 out of Stillwater,
Minnesota.  It was also offered for sale on eBay in February and November
2009 by Mark Hyman of St. Louis.  From February 2001 to 9 October 2008, it
was owned by someone in Harrisburg, PA.  Prior to that, it was in Manheim,
PA from April 1988 to February 2001, and in Lancaster, PA from December 1972
to some unknown date.
The only front license plate I see in the photos is a UK-style plate with
number FAH 725.  One of the earlier owners has the initials F.A.H., so I
suspect that the front plate was made to match that.

Beverly Hills Car Club also has another BJ8 for sale on eBay:  220719001583.
Someone on the list posted a notice on 29 December 2010 that this one was
for sale at the website of the "Kent Car Collection", which apparently (from
the telephone number and the price in pounds) is a UK operation.  I conclude
that Beverly Hills Car Club is not a traditional dealer, and Kent Car
Collection is not a physical "collection", but probably both are storefront
"middle man" operations that locate and sell cars via international
connections.  They may or may not actually have the cars on their property.
I thought it interesting that Beverly Hills Car Club only gives an
unpublished telephone number as a point of contact.

Steve Byers
HBJ8/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA