[Healeys] Harmonic Balancers - another tough question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Harmonic Balancers - another tough question
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:38:28 -0800
With two original harmonic balancers and the pulley's in hand I
checked the archives for the stored wisdom of the listers'. Alas, no
answers to my questions.
They both seem to have rubber that yields and returns when poked.

I want an original style balancer, so I am wondering if I should I
have the metal/rubber part rebuilt or just reinstall it?

There are two methods, other than an after market replacement, to
rebuild the metal rubber interface; silicon and vulcanized rubber. I
intend to go with the vulcanized rubber instead of the silicon
because the latter can absorb solvents.

Any comments with experiences on materials, process, outcomes and
from people with original balancers still in operation?

John
'62 BT7
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html