Re: [Healeys] Tire Sizes

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>, Jonas Payne
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tire Sizes
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:12:08 -0800 (PST)
Yes - I have been thru these loops and.....

1.  the 185x15 will be fine on 4 1/2 wheels, but better fit and look on 5
wheels. 5.5 wheels are too wide without body mods - a track wheel.

2.  the 185x70x15 are fatter cross section than 185x15 - ie more rubber
overhanging the rim edge, and do not look as good and turn as well in my
experience as the std 185x15.

3.  the 165 indeed leave too much gap over the tire and make the car look
'under tired'.

4.  I run 185x15 vreds on dayton 5 inch 60 spokes - perfect.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  RNBmail@yahoo.com