Re: [Healeys] Fuel Line Clips

To: <warthodson@aol.com>, <Editorgary@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel Line Clips
From: "Rich Chrysler" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:04:32 -0500
In the strict sense of judging, if something is known and stated and
observed to be incorrect for the serial number and point in time of
production, there should be a deduction appropriate to the severity and
frequency of the error. However, as Curt stated it may not be observed
therefore may not be deducted. Keep in mind there are a lot of little things
that won't be seen due to the fact that judging takes place with the car on
the ground, and in a practical sense, if we can't see it, we can't deduct
for it.

I would take issue with the fuel line clip vs. the P clip. The fuel line
clip can be tricky to install but really holds well and keeps the line well
out of harm's way. The method I find works best is to snap the clip over the
line and then start the shank into the hole. Gently tap the ends of the clip
until it snaps into the hole. Originals go in beautifully this way, but some
repros can suddenly break off. Prepare to break about 1 in 5 of the repros.

Rich