[Healeys] Tool Black ?

Subject: [Healeys] Tool Black ?
From: cnaarndt at gmail.com (Curt/Nancy Arndt)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 12:57:25 -0800
Alan,

I believe my Article is on John Sims website but if not here's a copy along
with my BN1 tool kit where I restored all of the tools.  I've been using
this system for almost 20 years with great success.  This system also works
well on Whitworth fasteners since they were originally finished this way,
also the steel parts on the 100 carburetors.

Here's a link to a website with my article

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/restore/rt205.htm

Cheers,

Curt

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com>wrote:

> All -
>
> Just curious, how do you all restore the black finish found on many of the
> British car tools.  It's quite similar to gun blue, but it's a little
> different.  Would love to hear your thoughts.
>
> Alan

IMG_3435.JPG]