Re: [Healeys] Earthquake in ChristchurchNZ

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Earthquake in ChristchurchNZ
From: Michael Salter <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:21:27 +1300
This has been a very significant quake. We are 300 miles away and many
people around here felt it...My sister and her husband had a narrow escape
as they were in the central business district when it struck.
I have heard from Ralph Roden, an occasional contributor to the list and he
and Leona are fine.
Some of my friends from this area who are S & R volunteers were called in
and were on site within a couple of hours and have worked through the night
searching for trapped survivors and securing the perimeter of the CBD.
Those of you who have been there will agree that Christchurch is a beautiful
city however this disaster will mean that it will be changed forever.
I have just heard that the searchers have found a group of 15 trapped and
alive people...but their situation is very precarious and there is a fire in
the same building....

Michael S.
Having a memorable vacation in New Zealand
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html