[Healeys] Fw: replacing inner/outer sills

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: replacing inner/outer sills
From: "Ghess4" <ghess4@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:33:01 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: Ghess4
To: gene
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:31 PM
Subject: replacing inner/outer sills

Hello Gene,
What a great story your BN1 would be able to tell!!  I went with the Jule
Frame.  I paid the full advertised price plus the pickup and delivery by
Martin Jansen.  I have absolutely no financial interest in anything I say
that would promote Jule Enterprises.  Martin did, without question,
everything that he said that he would do and more.

I striped the car down to the frame and superstructure.  I then temporarily
attached the exterior panels and doors and Martin picked it up that way.
Within about a couple of months it was back in my shop with the new frame
and many inner panels replaced, properly adjusted and fitted and painted.
There are a couple of places that you will need to drill and tap on the new
frame that Martin must leave for final assembly due to differences between
cars.  They are: mounting brackets for the sway bar and the Gear Box Mount
Support.  You will also need to Tap the holes for the engine mounts.  These
are easy to accomplish.

I did all of the restoration myself including the final paint job which took
almost two months.  The total time from original tear down to showing the
car in a Healey Event was thirteen months.  I point this out because I know
folks who have been waiting for their car to have a new frame  (NOT JULE)
installed for over two years.  So if time enters into your cost equation it
is something to consider.

If you have questions or perhaps want to talk in more detail give me a call
at
619-390-7510.

Good luck in your venture and I'd sure like to hear more about how you found
your car in a Haystack!
Gale Hess
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html