[Healeys] Vredestein Sprint Classic - Feb Calender Pic

Subject: [Healeys] Vredestein Sprint Classic - Feb Calender Pic
From: ynotink at msn.com (WILLIAM B LAWRENCE)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 07:48:50 +0000
The 185, 165 etc is the nominal width of the tread in millimeters. The 75, 70,
or 65 etc is the aspect ratio or the height of the sidewall as a percentage of
the tread width. thus a 185-R70 will have a nominal tread width of 185 mm or
7.28" with a sidewall height of approximately 129 mm or 5.1". For some reason
the actual manufacturers' dimensions vary somewhat for the same nominal
sizes.
Bill Lawrence