[Healeys] Restoration Question

Subject: [Healeys] Restoration Question
From: hgmiller3 at qwest.net (Herbert Miller)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:04:11 -0600
I am in the process of restoring my Germen spec.1962 BT7, side shift tri
carb. I need to replace inner, and outer sills, and rocker panels. The
floors are OK. I will be using the original to the car, body panels and
shrouds. Now to the question. Is it necessary to leave the engine and
transmission in place when welding in the sills and rockers? Can the body
panels and doors be fitted with the drive train removed? How much does the
chassis flex with or without the drive train?

Your collective experience would be much appreciated.

Herb Miller