[Healeys] 100 M's

Subject: [Healeys] 100 M's
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:57:01 +0000 (UTC)
There's been a lot written and said about this, but off the top of my head:

1) reproduction louvered bonnets are constructed differently than the originals
from Jensen (a repro bonnet should set off reg flags)
2) most, but not all, factory Ms had a slight bend in the front cross brace
where the cam was pulled out in situ (supposedly, if Geoff was watching the
mechanics would pull the engine to change the cam, but if he wasn't ...). Easy
enough to fake, of course.
3) I think the M has a larger sway bar. An aftermarket kit might not have that

Your best bet is to check with the registry--is Bill Meade even doing this any
more?--or, better yet, get the BMIHT cert. (though there have been counterfeits
built with correct cert. numbers)

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Hello everyone,

Ibve been a member of this list for sometime now but havenbt bjumpedb
into any/most of the conversations to date no matter how interesting. Many
are both interesting and informative which brings me to a question I would
like some help with.

I was recently asked about a 100-M nearby regarding itbs authenticity as a
factory 100-M. I passed along the request to someone I felt had much more
knowledge about this particular cars history.

Could the group tell me what the best way of making this determination?
Serial number, registry? I know of the external engine components which make
up the bMb variance but is there some tell-tale part, piece or number
which would automatically identify it as factory versus a BN-2 post delivery
modification? Ibm also aware that Donald Healeybs own factory provided
post delivery conversions, are there any new methods or found records to help
verify which are which?

Thank you in advance,

Ray