Re: [Healeys] Rear Hub Bearing Challange

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear Hub Bearing Challange
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:29:10 -0400
Paul, I reinstall the rear hub (after cleaning and lubricating the O.D. of
the axle housing and the I.D. of the bearing), by putting a block of wood
across the diameter of the hub and tapping on that until the hub is far
enough on to install the nut.  Make sure that you don't get the hub cocked
or it will bind.  When the nut will thread on, you can use the nut to push
the hub the rest of the way on.

If you are having so much trouble, you may have the hub cocked.  I would
pull it off and start over.  I didn't experience a problem with getting the
hub on.
It's best to alternate tapping on one side of the hub and then the other,
and move around the diameter as it goes on.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA