[Healeys] backfire

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] backfire
From: Richard Kahn <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:59:43 -0700
I was having backfire a few years ago and Norman Nock diagnosed it as a leak
between the exhaust manifold and the front exhaust pipes. I had tightened them
too much and put a crack where the bolts go on one of the flanges. Years later
I had a similar backfire and imediatly went to the same junction. This time it
was the "cheap" exhaust  gasket I got from a big name supplier that blew. It
looked fine and the bolts were tight.  John at BCS sold me a quality gasket
set that solved the problem which has not returned in years. I believe they
told me to sand the surfaces before installing.
Richard Kahn
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html