Re: [Healeys] Steering box bushing

To: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering box bushing
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:24:05 -0400
John,

I'd make a steel drift with a pilot and use a hydraulic press to
install.  But I have a lathe and a press.  May have to ream the ID of
the bushing once installed.

Note that the bushing has a top and bottom.  The slanted groove doesn't
go all the way to both edges.  The edge that doesn't have the groove is
the bottom and goes next to the oil seal.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php