[Healeys] Brake Caliper Piston Ques.

Subject: [Healeys] Brake Caliper Piston Ques.
From: lapierrem at sbcglobal.net (Mark LaPierre)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:39:31 -0400
Don't think this really pertains to Healeys but the MGA and MGBs have brake
caliper pistons
with a cut out on the open lip of the pistons.   I am changing over my MGA
pistons to
MGB pistons (much cheaper) and need to know which direction the piston cut
out
should go.  Here is the rub.    The B manual says "cutout towards the hub" and
the A manual
says "facing downward".   Since I am mixing parts here I am all
discombobulated.

Which way should the cut out go and what frigin difference does it make,
there's nothing
inside the piston thats going to leak out?  )

Anyone?     Mark