[Healeys] low speed miss

Subject: [Healeys] low speed miss
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 05:46:48 -0700
Had an intermittent miss once, though it was mostly higher speeds under load.
Finally diagnosed with the 'dark test:'
run the car in a dark garage--but with plenty of ventilation--and look for any
sparking.  My problem was an aftermarket
distributor cap that leaked.  Put an original Lucas in; problem solved.  Also,
if you're running a standard distributor
cap with carbon-core wires you'll get missing sooner or later.

But, an intake leak sounds more likely in your case (but the dark test is quick
and easy).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net