[Healeys] Dynamat/Dynashield/Lizardskin

Subject: [Healeys] Dynamat/Dynashield/Lizardskin
From: healeyrick at yahoo.com (HealeyRick)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:48:08 -0700 (PDT)
Ward,

You're basically correct, the "ceramic" is glass microbeads or microballons. I
used the diy recipe here:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/alternative-lizard-skin-103610.html  to coat
the floorboards, firewall and footboxes of my Nasty.  I'm also going to use
Reflectix (available in HD and Lowe's) as an underliner in the interior, as
well as an insulating mat between the mufflers and floorpan (click my build
link below)  I'm hoping all that will provide some help with Healey heat.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

-

"LizardSkinB. Ceramic Insulation formula is an advanced, water-based
composition of high-grade acrylic binders with air-filled
insulating/reflective and sound-absorbing particles."
This sounds like a water based paint with air filled particles (Styrofoam
beads?) in it. The air is providing the insulation properties.
What part is the ceramic component?

Gary Hodson
Healeys at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html