Re: [Healeys] rust removal

To: Frederich Ficke <jagwarman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rust removal
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 23:23:10 +0000 (UTC)
re: " ... It really works but if you leave a item in the acid overnight there
seriously will be no trace of the item ..."

Solves your rust problem, I guess (same thing happens to stuff I leave on my
curb).

Also can cause hydrogen embrittlement (don't use on springs, etc.).

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

For a cheap acid dip you can use Muratic acid bought at any hardware store
for about 5 bucks a gallon. It really works but if you leave a item in the
acid overnight there seriously will be no trace of the item. Then you take
it out wash it with water and prime and paint.

Sandblasting is the best removal but the god awfulist job!
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html