[Healeys] Adjusting Wipers

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Adjusting Wipers
From: Achim Spethmann <achimspethmann@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:21:05 +0200
Hi listers,
I used the hibernation time to overhaul the wiper motor,
cleaning it and changing the 40 year old grease. Now, after
having put all in place again I have a problem with
adjusting the parking position
When I turn off the wiper switch, the wiper arms stop in the
park position on the left side of the windshield.  But when
I turn the wiper switch on, the wipers do a small turn in
the wrong direction ( down over the windscreen frame) before
starting the right stroke.
I've found in the archives, that the round cover on the
wiper motor could be used to adjust the wiper function. I
did fix it in the 250 position counterclockwise. But before
diving under the dashboard and trying to loose the wiper
motor again to get access to the four screws holding the
cover I would ask, if this is the right way to fine adjust
the parking position.

Thanks in advance
Achim
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html