Re: [Healeys] Tank sender sealant - screws

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tank sender sealant - screws
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 06:03:23 -0800
John,
The APM Hexseal screws look very interesting for the sender! An elegant
solution.

Please send me a picture when you've got them installed.

I see Grainger sells them in 10-packs:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/APM-HEXSEAL-SelfSealing-Machine-Screw-5NB46?Pid=search

I sealed my sender 6 years ago with panhead screws, Dorman bonded sealing
washers and Hylomar - it's been leak-free ever since:
http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/44018072

Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 2 Sealant is gasoline-proof according to their data
sheet - might be easier to source than the Dow-Corning RTV.

Don't believe it's necessary to locktite the screws - Moss catalog only shows a
copper washer there.

--
Steve Gerow
BN6