Re: [Healeys] : Dual fuel pumps

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] : Dual fuel pumps
From: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:28:34 -0500
The first car I got was an MGBGT. Not knowing how old the SU pump  was I
bought a Facet from Whitney and had it installed. The installer put it in
parallel with with a red handled switch from Radio Shack. I can't remember
if  it was single pole or double, but all you need is a single pole, double
throw, center off switch. That gives a choice of either pump, or the center
position for draining the carbs for storage. Did the same for the MGC. The
red handle makes sure it isn't mistaken for any of the other added switches.

When I got the Healey I wanted to so the same thing, so when I had it at
Fourintune, I had him install the extra pump. He said the proper way was to
do the two pumps in series.

Neither configuration seems to make a difference. The MGB had the
configuration for about fifteen years. Coming home from MG2008, my car died
and when I found out it was the fuel pump, a simple flip of the switch got
me back on the road. I bought another cube pump to make sure I still have
two.

Take your pick. Either one apparently works.

Jack
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html