Re: [Healeys] two 3000 restoration questions

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] two 3000 restoration questions
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:09:26 -0400
Ken, I imagine that your differential number is really 11/43, which gives
the overdrive-equipped ratio of 3.909 (43/11).  The T may refer to
teeth.

The BMC parts manual does not identify a change in the nose badge from
cloisonni to painted, but data in the BJ8 registry suggests that the painted
badges began to appear on BJ8s somewhere around chassis number 41XXX, which
is a late number.  Its had to say whether the badge you have was restored
by someone by painting, but my guess would be you have a late badge.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA